SPAX – A Brief History
When it comes to making suspension, it is fair to say that SPAX know a thing or two. Making suspensions for over half a century, SPAX is one of the best-known manufacturers of performance shocks in the world. Not bad for a company that took its name from a sleepy Somerset village named ‘Spaxton’.
After stints in the West Midlands, Jersey and London, Spax settle in the heartland of British motorsports – Oxfordshire, in the 1990’s.
Working with all levels of motorsports since near their inception, SPAX actually contributed the shock absorbers to the land speed record-breaking ‘Thrust 2’. Thrust 2 went all the way up to an unbelievable 771mph, all with SPAX shock absorbers smoothing the way.
One of only a handful of British performance parts manufacturers to land the vaunted German TUV certification, SPAX only builds and sells the very best.
SPAX knows that, in order to be the best, you have to provide the best. That is how SPAX has garnered such a lofty position in the performance parts industry. From design to production, SPAX engineers and quality controllers monitor every part of SPAX shock absorbers, ensuring that only the very best rolls off the production line.
Every SPAX damper comes powder coated with an epoxy finish, which is then oven baked to ensure the very best protection and durability against corrosion and general wear. SPAX uses the same processes to make their road shocks as they do for units they produce for race teams. SPAX puts the same time and effort into every single part, whether it is for the track or the road. Every SPAX shock absorber comes with a full 2-year warranty. If you are not happy, then SPAX are not happy.
SPAX Adjustable Shock Absorbers
- Krypton gas-filled and made with the usual SPAX precision, these adjustable shock absorbers offer amazing ride feel and handling.
- Epoxy coated and corrosion resistant, SPAX Adjustable Shock Absorbers can handle any environment or driving style you care to throw at them.
- Entirely adjustable, you can find the perfect ride for your style – whether that is stiff or soft, you decide.
SPAX Adjustable Shock Absorbers are available for a wide range of vehicle makes and models, and come for both front and rear shock setups.
SPAX Non-Adjustable Shock Absorbers
- Uprated, and with shorted piston rods, SPAX Non-adjustable Shock Absorbers offer a sporty, harder ride without sacrificing your ride comfort.
- Nitrogen-gas filled, the specialised features of SPAX Non-Adjustable Shock Absorbers combine to provide great responsiveness and feel, allowing you to master the road like never before.
- Epoxy coated and baked to resist corrosion, SPAX Non-Adjustable Shock Absorbers provide top-class performance time after time.